CATL Forms Partnership with KSTAR

KSTAR and CATL have contributed 102 million RMB and 98 million RMB, respectively, to form a joint venture.  CATL will hold 51% stake in the venture, while KSTAR will hold the remaining 49%.  The venture will focus on energy storage system PCS, battery packs (including UPS-integrated Li-ion battery packs, residential energy storage battery packs, and packs for small-to-medium Li-ion batteries of nonstandard size), as well charging stations and “solar+storage+charging” integrated products.

KSTAR was founded in 1993.  The company researches, manufactures, and provides integrated solutions in a variety of product areas, including key data center infrastructure, solar PV generation systems, energy storage systems, and electric vehicle charging.